The Beauty Of Short Bangs: Why This Haircut Is Trendier Than Ever
When it comes to hairstyles, there’s nothing quite like the classic look of short bangs. Throughout its evolution, this style has been loved and hated depending on who you ask. Yet, now the tides have shifted, and the beauty of short bangs is being embraced by many! From high fashion runways to everyday trends – having a cute bob with some face-framing fringe is all anyone can talk about lately. In this blog post, we will explore why these crucial cuts are making such a “coming back,” what styles work best for different hair types and faces shapes, and how one can achieve their own chic yet messy take on this timeless trend. So buckle up for a stylish ride as we declare loudly that yes- indeed, shorter fringes are IN!
Short bangs: the ultimate guide to choosing the right style for you
Short bangs can be tricky to pull off, but the rewards are worth it. They can instantly update and modernize any look and are a great way to draw attention to your eyes or your face shape. Here’s how you can find the perfect short bangs for you:
- Consider your hair type and texture: For those with thick, straight hair, blunt cuts work well as they add structure to the hairstyle; for those with fine or wavy hair, choppy layers will help create more volume.
- Consider your face shape: Oval-shaped faces are most suited for blunt fringe that frames the forehead; square-shaped faces should opt for side-swept bangs that soften angular edges; round-shaped faces can benefit from short, choppy bangs to create the illusion of more length.
- Consider your lifestyle: If you’re an active person or prefer low-maintenance hairstyles, side-swept bangs are a great option as they require minimal styling and upkeep. On the other hand, blunt bangs and choppy layers may require more frequent trims and styling, so consider that when making your choice.
No matter which style you choose, short bangs are sure to add some edge to your look – all it takes is finding the right one for you! With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to find the perfect short bangs for any occasion.
Expert tips on how to style short bangs
- Use a blow dryer to create volume – When styling short bangs, use a blow dryer to create lift and volume at the roots. To do this, section off your bangs into small pieces and apply heat with a round brush while pulling hair away from your forehead. This will give you bouncy layers that frame your face beautifully.
- Keep it tousled – Short bangs can look great when worn messy and tousled. If you have naturally curly or wavy hair, embrace it! Apply a light mousse or gel to define the curls without weighing them down too much. Alternatively, if you don’t have natural texture in your bangs, you can use an iron to create loose waves that you can scrunch with your fingers.
- Use the right products – When styling short bangs, it’s important to use the right products. For example, a light hairspray can help keep the style in place without making it appear stiff or crunchy, while a wax or pomade adds texture and definition to give your bangs a trendy, disheveled look.
- Experiment with different partings – Be bold and experiment with different partings in your short bangs. A deep side parting can help add flattering volume around your face, while an inverted parting helps draw attention away from wide foreheads and other facial features you may want to de-emphasize.
- Stay hydrated – To keep your short bangs looking healthy, make sure you’re taking care of your tresses by staying hydrated and using the right products for your hair type. For example, a good conditioner is essential to prevent split ends and breakage, while a deep conditioning treatment or oil can help protect against heat damage from styling tools.